Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Upcoming festivals

There are two major festival periods in Delaware.  There are the weeks in May/June when the Greek Festival, Italian Festival, Chinese Festival, and more happen one after another.  September is the other one.  So get your lederhosen/mushroom recipes/polka shoes ready now.

I'll post more detailed info on the appropriate weeks, but here's a heads up if you want to plan in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • 104th annual Arden Fair.  Saturday Sept. 3, 10am-6pm (raindate is Sunday Sept. 4, 10am-5pm).  Free admission, except for the antique market.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Bethany Beach Jazz Funeral, September 5th, 5:30pm (a silly event that I shouldn't even acknowledge, really.  Everyone without kids knows summer lasts into October, or UNTIL I SAY IT ENDS.  I'm being facetious here, but seriously - every year when I see notices about this event, it depresses the bejeesus out of me.  Why do it soon?). http://www.bethany-beach.net/jazzfuneral.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Taiwan Film Festival.  Sept. 4, Sept. 11, and Sept. 25th, Delaware Art Museum.  Details.

No comments:

Post a Comment