Friday, December 16, 2011

Discounts to many December cultural events around Wilmington, via InWilmington.

Here's the link: http://inwilmingtonde.com/events/event.php?e=1795

Included are discounts to Wilmington Drama League, Delaware Symphony, Mt. Cuba Center, Hagley Museum, Winterthur, City Theatre Co., and more.   In a lot of cases, when you call for tickets you have to mention that you saw the discount on the InWilmington site.  So do be sure to read the details carefully.

I'll freely admit that I get a lot of content (band shows, etc.) from the InWilmington website, and I'd recommend saving it to your Favorites folder and checking back weekly.  The thing about it that cracks me up, though, is the front page: an image of a white girl (representing suburbia), timidly peering out from behind a curtain and picket-fenced yard, at the people beyond (representing Wilmington): a Hispanic girl and a black musician.  The message is painfully obvious: White People of the Suburbs!  Do not be afraid to come to the multi-cultural city and spend your money!

I don't know, the message is just a little ham-handed.  But inoffensive.  I swear it makes me laugh every time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment