Monday, December 5, 2011

NPR releases list of top 50 albums of 2011

There were no Delaware-based bands or musicians on the list (made up of multi-national, multi-genre artists), but regional groups The Roots (Philly) and Wye Oak (Baltimore) were included. 

Full list, with clips and bios from each artist:
http://www.npr.org/series/142852713/50-favorite-albums-of-2011-from-npr-music?sc=fb&cc=fmp

Snap judgement update:

After posting, I checked out the Wye Oak song on the list:  "Alter" is an incredible song. So I listened to more music from this Baltimore duo, and found the rest of their catalogue to be merely good indie rock - good enough that I'd really enjoy it if they happened to be opening a show I was attending, but not mind-blowing enough to purchase a full cd (I've heard a lot of music and grew up with a healthy familiarity with classical music before I ever got into pop music - it's hard to blow my mind).  However, the song featured on the NPR list is well worth a purchase (and if you click the purchase link on the NPR site, part of your money gets donated back to NPR).

(Whoops!  Earlier I included reference to a band that I was under the impression came from Philly.  I was wrong on that score, so amended this post). 

No comments:

Post a Comment