Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chelsea Tavern is running a free birthday item special.

From their social networking page:
"Chelsea Tavern's Birthday promo is BACK! Sunday FUNday just got better! If you have a January B-day stop in on any Sunday in January with a friend and your Brunch/Dinner is on us! That's right show your ID and your entree, app, sandwich or pizza is on us! Oh ..... and we have OVER 100 beers to choose from as well! Happy Birthday!"
This is not the only birthday promotion in the area, but what I like about this one is that it doesn't require you to use the offer on your actual birthday.  I've gotten such offers before, and thought "I'd love to use this free meal voucher, but I wasn't planning on being in that particular restaurant on my birthday".  With this one, you can pick any Sunday in your birthday month.

One commenter asked: "What if the friend I bring also has a January birthday?"  Apparently, in that case, you both can get a free item, but you need to bring two additional friends in who don't have January birthdays.  I do think the restaurant could have answered this perfectly legitimate question without throwing in the phrase "Nice try!" at the end, though.  Treating potential customers like scammers is not going to win you any business.  Still, it's an interesting deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment