Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Free Energy to play Arden's Gild Hall on May 13th.

At $12 a ticket, this is a bargain considering the venue, which usually charges more, and the band, which I believe has headlined the TLA in the last few months.  And TLA tickets don't go for $12.  I don't know if Delawareans are familiar enough with nationally-known Philly bands to sell this concert out, but it's a possibility, so grab a ticket soon. 

The venue is the Gild Hall in Arden, off of Orleans Rd., accessible from Harvey Rd in North Wilmington.  Proceeds will help the Hall, which has been the center of Arden life nearly a century, build a new roof.  The show starts at 8pm.    Here's the link for more info or to buy tickets:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/167616

Aside:  Opening will be Delaware's "New Sweden", a band I'd like to get behind, except I'm having a hard time getting past the way one of their instrumentalists holds her instrument.  I'm sure I'll get over it, I just need a little time.  You could say I know a little something about her instrument, and every time I see a picture of her holding said instrument, it's like nails on a chaulkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment