Thursday, May 19, 2011

Video for "Far Away" from Mean Lady, appearing tonight at Mojo Main


The beginning brings a certain  Make A Rising song to mind, followed by pleasant female vocals and a very nice overall arrangement.   Released about 3 weeks ago, the video itself, by local Chris Watson, is visually interesting.  I have a feeling I would not like all of Mean Lady's catalogue - there are allusions here to influences that I'm not a fan of - but this is really a stand-out track.  And truthfully, even though I will continue to champion the ever-changing local crop of bands because I'd like to see the music scene around here grow, it's rare that a Delaware band actually impresses me.  I hate to say that, but it's true - I've been spoiled by the plethora of talent in Philly.  This band might just be the one that can hold its own in larger markets, though.

Mean Lady appears tonight at Graffiti Radio's May showcase at Mojo Main.  9pm, $5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment