Thursday, May 10, 2012

On club websites that annoy me

Can I just put something out there?  If you've ever wondered why I include an equal, if not larger, amount of Philly events in my listings, part of the reason is because it's just so much easier to get info about Philly shows.  Every club website in Delaware, and every other source I use to get Delaware events, is either badly updated, not updated very far in advance, or so. friggin'. tedious. to use.  I go to Johnny Brenda's website and can get enough info for my blog for 2 months of shows - all within 5 minutes.  And guess what?  I don't have to go to that website for weeks after, if I don't have the time.  I go to a Delaware website for info, and it takes me 10 minutes to click around and get the goods on one weekend's worth of events.  Which means I have to repeat the drill the following week, leaving me less time for actual content like this pointless rant.

Case in point: I'd include more Mojo 13 events, but there's no good, central place to find out who's playing, and what kind of music those bands are playing (most of the bookings are not things I'm interested in promoting, but I also know that occasionally a good band is featured).  I've just given up trying.  Mojo Main, on the other hand, has a decent calendar format that I can use, and bookings not geared entirely to the biker crowd, but it's now May 10th, and their show listings are only updated through next Wednesday.  What is going on with them?  Are they closing, stopping shows for a while, or did the woman who does the calendar quit? 

I'm trying to streamline the updating of this blog as much as I can, because I no longer have the copious free time I did when I started this thing, so it helps if I can go to a particular club's website, not have to spend much time there, and not have to visit it again for a while.  It's annoying as hell when I have to go to the same clubs or promo websites (like inWilmington) every few days just to try to keep a good balance of Delaware to PA shows.

Also, I had 5 hours of sleep.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment