Sunday, July 31, 2011

New iTunes app from the State of DE leads you directly to the closest fresh produce.

It's called 'Delaware Fresh', and features the locations of over 80 farm stands and markets in Delaware that feature fresh, local produce.  Best yet - it's free.  What I like about it is that you could go down to the beach, where you're not necessarily as aware of the different produce stands, say "Man, I'd like to get some fresh watermelon to take on the beach, and I hate to get it at Food Lion when I know there are a bunch of places around here where I can buy a watermelon that was on the vine this morning.  But where's the nearest farm stand?"  So you open the Delaware Fresh app, and voila.  No more driving up and down Coastal Highway because you think you remember seeing a stand somewhere last summer.

Here's the app:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/delaware-fresh/id446665507

No comments:

Post a Comment