Monday, April 23, 2012

Firefly Music Festival in Dover

So I haven't talked about this yet, because I think everything that needs to be said about it has been said by people far more informed than I, but obviously, there is a gigantic music festival going on in Dover in July.  I didn't realize how huge it was until my sister, from out of state, told me that people had known this festival was going to take place somewhere on the East coast, well before the Dover location was announced. 

It's happening July 20-22 at the Dover race track, and tickets are not for the faint of heart at $218 a pop ($198 if you buy them in advance). Anybody doubting that people will pay these prices to come to a festival in Dover should know that the pre-sale tickets for this sold out within minutes, so I suspect this festival will do okay. 

The line-up includes The Killers, Jack White, Death Cab For Cutie, John Legend, The Flaming Lips, Passion Pit, Cake, Lupe Fiasco, Girl Talk, Ok Go, Cold War Kids, The Wallflowers, Chiddy Bang, The Head and the Heart, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cults, Ra Ra Riot, The Felice Brothers, Mariachi El Bronx, and many more.

Have a good time, to those who can make it.  I will be traveling in July.  Full line-up and details here: http://fireflyfestival.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment